Here at Rockingham Motor Speedway Limited we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we look after your personal information carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws. Below we detail the information we collect concerning you and how that information is used.
Please note this policy does not cover companies, services or applications that we do not own or control, or people that we do not employ or manage, including (without limitation) third party websites or applications/widgets (e.g. from “social media” platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) which we link to or offer via our Services, nor does it cover advertisers. Our websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Rockingham Motor Speedway Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number is 2577816) with registered office at Rockingham Motor Speedway, Mitchell Road, Corby, Northamptonshire NN17 5AF. Our VAT registration number is GB785418493.
Our services may include (without limitation) tickets, passes and/or places on trackdays or testing, social media and/or interactive applications, audio visual content, text, photographs, forums, advertising and other product sales which we may offer on our website or media platforms which, for example, may enable you to view our content over a mobile or Wi-Fi network (the “Services”). This policy covers all of the Services and any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of our Services. This policy applies to the collection and use of your information by us and parties that we authorise (such as our suppliers and sub-contractors).
The information we collect varies depending on which of our Services you are using. The information that we may collect includes:
- Name and contact details – this includes your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Data of birth information
- Payment information – this includes your bank account and/or payment card details.
- Purchase history – this includes details about tickets and services you have purchased from us. It may also include your vehicle details if you have purchased trackdays or parking.
- Linked account information – this includes your Facebook ID and Twitter handle if you link your accounts to us.
- Marketing preferences – this includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Survey responses and competition entries
- Customer service history – this includes interactions with us over the phone, via the website or on social media.
- Information about your device and how you use our websites and apps – this includes information you give us when you browse our websites or apps, including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as how you use our websites and apps.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Unless we have told you otherwise in a specific privacy notice, we do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). The only exception to this is where you have specific disability needs which we need to be aware of in order to make reasonable adjustments and be able to perform our contract with you and comply with our obligations pursuant to social protection and equality laws.
- We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your name and contact details and payment information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- purchase tickets, parking or other products or services from us;
- create an account on our websites or apps;
- subscribe to our mailing lists or newsletters;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- take part in a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as information about your device and how you use our websites and apps from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU.
- Name and contact details, payment information and purchase history from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information may be used by us and our authorised third parties to:
- Monitor, develop and improve the Services and/or your experience;
- Assist in and administer the provision of Services to you;
- Send you or provide you with product and service recommendations;
- Process payments from you to us (where applicable) on our behalf;
- Process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- Contact you with service messages;
- Administer the prize if you are a prize winner, and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners;
- Process a job/volunteer application.
- Held for employment purposes
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as it set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us. You’ll also receive these communications if you have said that we can send them to you when you provided us with your details when you entered a competition, signed up for a newsletter or used our Wi-Fi.
You can tell us that you want to stop receiving marketing communications from us at any time. You can do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email we send you or by contacting us directly by email, post or over the phone.
We’ll process any such request as quickly as we can, but it might take a few days for all of our systems to be updated. Don’t worry about not getting updates on the tickets you’ve ordered or the events you’re due to attend – stopping marketing communications won’t stop service communications, so you’ll continue to get all the information you need.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have specifically given us permission to do so.
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
- To third parties working on our behalf such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents including without limitation our customer care teams to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes;
- Where we have your consent to do so, for marketing communications;
- As part of general statistical information about the Services’ user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
- Where relevant, the user name and some profile information you voluntarily provide may be published on areas of the Services such as forums, chat rooms or pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available.
Please note this policy does not cover companies, services or applications that we do not own or control, or people that we do not employ or manage, including (without limitation) third party websites or applications/widgets (e.g. from “social media” platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) which we link to or offer via our Services, nor does it cover advertisers
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where reasonably possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Non-sensitive details (your email address, etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
The accuracy of your information is important to us. Where you register your details for certain Services and open a user account with us that you can then use to access and log on to use those Services, you may change or update some of your details at any time via your account. If you are not registered for these Services but wish to update your details then please contact us (see “Contact details” section below). You should please make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with all relevant changes.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Rockingham Motor Speedway holds about you (we may charge £10 for information requests) to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This Website Will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following are not strictly necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website Will:
- Offer Live Chat Support (If available)
Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
- Targeting Cookies
This Website Will:
Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
This website will not:
Share any personal information with third parties.